Applications for In-Zone Enrolment are always open.
All Out of Zone 2020 applications are now open.
Out of Zone applicants must submit an Academy of Sport Application prior to being notified whether they have been successful in the Ballot. The closing date for Academy of Sport Applications is at 4pm on the 4th of September 2019.
Bring a certified copy of at least one of the following:
- If the sibling is currently attending - sibling's full Birth Certificate
- If the sibling is a former student - sibling's full Birth Certificate and School report or certificate
- Father is a Westlake Old Boy - Father's passport (photo page), old school report/certificate or school photo
Address Check - It is important that we have valid addresses. If unsure, please use NZPost Address Finder
Please indicate your ethnic group(s) in order of priority. This information is required by the Ministry of Education
NZ Maori - Important - Please state your iwi/tribe affiliation if known. You may specify up to THREE Iwis. If you don't know then choose "Unknown"
Information available to Caregiver(s) Two
If your son DEVELOPS a serious health issue during his time at Westlake Boys, please remember to inform the school nurse, Cathy Sefont - 410 8669 ext 5728
Requires an Epi-Pen. You will be required to submit an Emergency Care Plan, completed by your doctor or nurse.
Please specify any learning needs your son may have that the school should be aware of. (If the student has been assesed by an agency outside the school or is ORRS funded, please provide a copy of the report and supporting documents at the enrolment interview)
Please provide details of any special personal, family or social circumstances that the school should be aware of in order to provide support to this student.
(This information is passed to the school guidance HOD in strict confidence. Please bring a copy of the relevant documents to the enrolment interview if necessary)
NB. Medications for students may be kept at the Health Centre eg migraine medication, epi pens.
The school nurse, Cathy Sefont can be contacted to discuss your son’s health issues – Telephone 410-8667 ext 5728
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE PRIVACY ACT (1993)
Digital technology continues to create opportunities to learn and connect our school community. Westlake Boys' High School believes in using a digital citizenship model to support safe, responsible and ethical use of digital technology and online spaces as it helps our online environment to be a positive place for everyone. Students and staff can review this agreement and the role that Westlake Boys' High School will take in providing a safe online and offline environment at wbhs.nz/safeonline.
This agreement outlines expectations and responsibilities of students as a member of our online community. It will also be used to support discipline processes when necessary.
As a digital citizen, you will:
I understand and agree to support and uphold these expectations and responsibilities outlined in this agreement. I know that if my actions or behaviours do not align with the User Agreement there may be consequences. This may include the loss of access to the internet on school owned devices or personally owned device used at school. If the breach is deemed to be serious, further disciplinary action may be taken.
For out of zone students wishing to join our school in Years 10, 11, 12 or 13, we decide whether or not we will hold a ballot for entry every October. Our decision is based on what we know about the size of the year group in the coming year, the size of school, whether or not we have places available in both Cambridge and NCEA streams, and the likely availability of spaces in specific courses.
We therefore ask all prospective candidates for entry into Year 10 to 13 to provide additional information. Applicants will be informed in November whether a ballot will be held and whether or not they have been successful.
The following details will help us ascertain whether we have sufficient places in the appropriate pathways to hold a ballot.
Current Curriculum Levels or NCEA/Cambridge/IB achievements in:
We are unable to accept incomplete applications. You must have ALL your supporting enrolment documents with you before an enrolment interview can take place.
- Copy of latest school report
- Compulsory Textbook Bond ($100) - refundable if the enrolment does not proceed
- The School Donation is requested at the time of enrolment. The 2019 Donation is $625 for one boy, and $825 for two or more boys. - refundable if the enrolment does not proceed
- Copy of a parenting agreement in the case of separated parents (if applicable)
Proof of Identity and Eligibility to Enrol in a New Zealand School
- Copy of full birth certificate (unabridged - showing parent's names)
- NZ & Australian Citizens: Copy of New Zealand or Australian passport (photo page) or NZ citizenship certificate
- All other students: Certified copies of passport (photo page) and Residency Visa or Student Visa, together with parents passports and residency or work visas
- Westlake Boys Statutory Declaration completed and signed by a Solicitor or Justice of the Peace.
- A complete copy of your most recent electricity invoice (all pages) showing the supply address
- A complete copy of your most recent telephone (landline) or internet invoice (all pages)
- A copy of your Tenancy Agreement. The minimum tenancy for initial enrolment is a one-year fixed term agreement covering the student's first year at Westlake Boys High School.
- Bond receipt letter from Tenancy Services confirming lodgement of the bond (ph. 0800 737 666 for a copy)
OR Owner Occupied Property
- A copy of your most recent Auckland Council General Rates notice or Water Rates; OR
- If the purchase has been within the last 3 months, a copy of the solicitor's final settlement letter.
- Trust properties must provide written evidence of the Trustees names and include a declaration from the Trustees declaring a right to occupy the property
- Company properties must provide written evidence of the named Directors and include a declaration confirming the right to occupy the property
Have you moved from Out of Zone to In Zone in the past 12 months?
If you have moved from an out of zone property you owned to the enrolment address in the past 12 months, you will need to provide written proof of what has happened to your past address i.e. sold or rented. If you have moved in zone from a rented property then you will need to provide a copy of the final electricity reading for the previous address.