Please fill out all forms online. We are putting effort into making this festival a greener event. Our efforts for greening will continue. In 2019, we will be working closely with our volunteers, sponsors, vendors and suppliers to reduce our carbon footprint. We will continue to maximize our greening efforts. We will contact you with more information as soon as we receive your forms.
The undersigned, (hereinafter called the “vendor”), hereby applies for vendor space with the Not-For-Profit corporation, Taste of the Middle East, (hereinafter “TOME”), to participate as a vendor at an event hosted by TOME and to be held on Saturday July 27, 2019 at Yonge-Dundas Square in Toronto. The vendor agrees to abide by the terms and conditions as stated in this vendor application & agreement form. TOME management reserves the right at its sole discretion to designate which space the vendor will occupy, if approved, in order to benefit the overall festival.
The floor plans are not final. The TOME team has the right to change the plan anytime in order to follow the city rules and the dundas square management rules. We will provide you with the final floor plan & your booth number 2 weeks before the event.
Space on Yonge Street between Dundas Street and Shuter Street (10 feet x 10 feet Tent):
Important: we do not provide tables & chairs for ZONE C.
We will send you our rental company list of equipment that you can rent from if you choose to & other options for decor (higgins event rentals). The table cannot be more than 6 feet long x 2.5 feet wide. All tables & decor has to be approved by tome team prior to the festival. TOME has the full rights to remove your table if the measurements are not correct. A delivery charge will be added. TOME will bill you for the rentals & payment must be submitted immediately.
All tent colours are pre-selected by TOME and come with one 6 foot plastic table and two chairs. No table covers are provided. We encourage you to bring your own branded tent, which must be approved by TOME. No deductions will take place if you bring your own branded tent. Also no deductions will take place if you bring your own table and chairs. Tables and chairs have to be approved by TOME prior to the festival date.
Please list up to 10 menu options & prices, in order of preference. Please note that the menu items will be chosen on a first come, first served basis. The festival will limit duplicate items in order to maintain variety for attendees. The festival will notify the vendor of the approved menu items by Monday June 3, 2019.
By completing and submitting this form, I agree that the information provided will stay the same until July 27, 2019 when exhibiting at Taste of the Middle East Souk 2019. I will immediately notify festival organizers if there are any changes to the information above that occur and I understand that any changes may affect the status of my vendor application.
Forming part of the vendor application and agreement form, the vendor agrees to abide by the terms and conditions as stated in the following Vendor Terms of Agreement. YDS refers to Yonge-Dundas Square and TOME refers to Taste of the Middle East not-for-profit organization team.
1. Vendors are only allowed to operate at the Taste of the Middle East (“TOMESOUK2019”) between the following times and dates: Saturday, July 27 2019 starting at 11:00 AM and ending on Saturday July 27, 2019 at 11:00 PM. The hours of operation are not inclusive of any time required for the installation of exhibits, move-in or rehearsal and the removal of all property brought onto the Square by the vendor.
2. Detailed instructions on the timing of setting up the booth will be provided to you in the Vendor Kit which will be sent to you at a later time via email. All vendors must have departed Dundas Square before 1:00 AM on Sunday July 28, 2019 or late moving fees will apply. The amount will be determined by YDS staff and TOME will collect the amount from the vendor.
3. All vehicles are prohibited from entering the square without permission from TOME. All vendors load-in/out must be managed by TOME in accordance with a written plan that has been pre-approved by YDS staff.
4. Vendors must provide their own cutlery, plates, napkins and condiments for their patrons as neither TOME nor YDS will be providing these items.
5. Should inclement weather prevent the execution of the event a mutually agreeable alternate date will be arranged subject to availability of dates with Dundas Square at no additional vendor fees, however, some additional operational costs may apply. All fees are non-refundable and if vendors are unable to attend the adjourned date no fees will be returned to the vendor nor will TOME be liable for any damages or losses resulting.
6. Beverages: You are not allowed to sell hot or cold beverages (pop, water & juice) as one of your specialty items as that is reserved exclusively for a hot beverage vendor(s).
7. All vendors will be required to comply with the various applicable Health and Safety regulations, codes, or statutes. Forms must be completed and returned to TOME Management by June 15, 2019. A TOME Vendor Manager will send you all the forms via email.
8. All vendors must ensure they have the appropriate fire extinguishers required as per the City of Toronto requirements. Specific attention is required for Food vendors and Pyrotechnics. For further information please contact the TOME Management Team. Food vendors who are deep frying, must have a type K fire extinguisher.
9. All fees shall be payable to “Taste of the Middle East” by certified cheque, bank draft or e-transfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prior notification to TOME required prior to payment by e-transfer.
10. All vendor activities for its business, must be confined to its assigned booth/table and cannot interfere with the normal operation of any neighbouring vendor’s business.
11. The assigned space includes an 8ft plastic table and 2 chairs and no table covers unless other items are agreed upon ahead of time with TOME.
12. The exact booth number will be assigned in the week leading up to the event. Vendors may not move from an assigned booth to another booth, assume additional booth space or move booth tables, chairs, or accessories from and between other booths.
13. Unauthorized fund-raising or soliciting is NOT permitted in any areas of the festival.
14. Vendors and their staff shall indemnify and hold TOME, YDS, and their respective staff, agents, assigns, heirs, employees, or contractors, harmless from and against all costs, damages, judgments or legal expenses (including legal fees on a lawyer-client basis and all associated disbursements) which may arise from this agreement, set-up, exhibition, participation or dismantling activities during, before and after the event, and in connection with loss of life, personal injury and/or damage to or loss of property arising out of any occurrence in or about the vendor’s space, occasioned or caused wholly or in part by any act or omission of the vendor or anyone for home it is in law responsible, or arising from any breach by the vendor of any provision of this agreement.
15. Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything else herein contained, in no event, whether or not the result of the willful act or the negligence of TOME, its agents, officers, employees or others for whom it is legally responsible, and irrespective of any insurance that may or may not be carried or required to be carried, shall TOME be liable for:
a. damage to any property of the vendor or others located on the premises or to the premises itself;
b. any injury or damage to persons or property or to the premises itself resulting from fire, explosion, steam, water, rain, snow or gas which may leak into or issue or flow from any part of the premises or from the water, steam or drainage pipes or plumbing works of the premises or from any other place or quarter;
c. any damage caused by or attributable to the condition or arrangement of any electrical or other wiring; or
d. any indirect or consequential damages suffered by the vendor.
16. Vendors also assume all risks of loss, injury, theft or damage of any kind or nature whatsoever to any vendor component thereof; including but not limited to goods, merchandise, cash, records or any other property. Further, vendors are expressly bound, at their expense, to repair any damage that they cause to YDS through unauthorized modifications or movement of their exhibit.
17. Vendors and their staff indemnify and hold TOME, YDS, and their respective staff, agents, assigns, heirs, employees, or contractors, harmless against any claim or expenses arising out of the use of the YDS premises. The vendor understands that neither TOME, nor YDS maintain insurance covering the vendors property, and it is the sole responsibility of the vendor to obtain such insurance.
18. Insurance: It is the vendor responsibility to provide proof of adequate insurance coverage while participating at TOME by June 15, 2019. If proof of adequate insurance is not provided, the vendor will not be allowed to participate at the TOME event and the vendor fees will not be refundable.
19. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED for any reason. Deposits are all non-refundable. Vendors may request an assignment of this agreement by notifying TOME within 24 hours of submitting this executed agreement. Any approval of assignment is subject to TOME exercising its sole unfettered discretion and TOME may withhold its approval unreasonably.
20. TOME reserves the right to terminate this agreement and therefore close any vendor and eject them and their staff immediately from the festival, who participate(s) in illegal activities or violate(s) any of the terms or conditions of this agreement. Vendors agree to immediately comply with instructions given to them by the TOME Organizers. Vendors shall be responsible for any costs associated with their removal including but not limited to their eviction, packing and removal of equipment and personal property.
21. TOME management reserves the right at any time to alter or remove booths or any part thereof, including printed materials, product, signs, lights or sound, and to expel vendors or their personnel if, in management’s opinion, their conduct or presentation is objectionable to other show participants and/or attendees.
22. All electrical wiring and outlets shall be at the vendor’s expense and purchased through TOME with the Dundas Square Exclusive Electrical Supplier. All operating electrical equipment used in the booth must have CSA or equivalent provincial power authority approval. Due Date for Electrical requirements to be submitted to vendor manager no later than May 5, 2019.
23. Space contracted by the vendor may not be sublet without the prior written permission of management. The vendor may not distribute literature or promotional material from a third party without the prior written consent of management. All displays must be confined to the booth and cannot obstruct the view or access of neighbouring displays.
24. The sale of merchandise at events must be directly related to and ancillary to the TOME Festival and will be allowed only with prior approval.
25. The vendor agrees that the TOME Rules and Regulations form part of this agreement and the vendor further agrees to abide by all rules and regulations adopted by TOME management and amended in the best interests of the show. TOME management shall have the final decision in adopting any rule or regulation deemed necessary prior to, during, and after the show. The vendor acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Rules and Regulations upon signing this application and agreement form.
26. The raising or wearing of any type of flags/banners, country flags, religious symbols, political symbols or signs are prohibited. This includes items in the tents. The vendor acknowledges that if this is contravened, they or a member of their staff will be removed from the festival. Under no circumstances will this event be used for the advancement or promotion of any religious, social or political issues or subject matter of any kind. If a vendor is forced to be removed for failure to abide by this section the vendor acknowledges they will be responsible for any fees and costs associated with their removal. The vendor further acknowledges that they forfeit any deposits or fees paid to TOME and none of the vendor fees will be refundable.
27. All signage and location of vendor signs must be approved prior to the festival by at the sole discretion of TOME Management. No signs are permitted to be posted on the pillars, building, walkways, or arches of the Square at any time.
28. Defacement of Property: The vendor shall not cause or permit any part of the space they occupy or any part of Yonge and Dundas Square to be defaced, injured, marred or damaged in any manner by it. The vendor shall not make alterations of any kind to the YDS Square or equipment in the Square. The vendor shall be responsible for any and all damage to the premises caused by the vendor and shall return the premises to TOME in the same condition as when possession was received. The vendor shall pay to TOME, on receipt of an invoice, the costs of any and all repairs required to be made to the premises or equipment located there as a result of the use of the premises by the vendor, its agents, employees and contractors. If payment is not made to TOME within 7 days of receiving an invoice for damages, interest shall accrue at the rate of 30% per annum.
29. The vendor may use the TOME logo to promote only his/her participation at the show. It cannot be used in any way that is perceived as an endorsement by the Taste of the Middle East of the vendor’s company, product, or service without written approval from the TOME.
30. PARKING: Yonge-Dundas Square is not a parking lot. It is the responsibility of the vendor to make arrangements for parking. The Square is situated above a 350 car garage operated by the Toronto Parking Authority. Branded display vehicles which have been approved in advance by Yonge-Dundas & TOME are allowed onsite. All other vehicles will be required to source parking in a different location. Parking is available at a number of locations near the square. There are several surface lots in the immediate vicinity that can accommodate truck parking.
31. Motorized vehicles insurance: All licensed motorized vehicles that are allowed on the Square must maintain a $5,000,000 limit of Automobile Liability Insurance.
32. Vendor serving alcohol at the festival: the vendor is solely responsible for obtaining the appropriate permit from the Alcohol and Gaming Commissioner of Ontario. The event organizer/vendor are responsible for ensuring compliance with the City of Toronto’s Municipal Alcohol Policy.
33. Vacation of premises: Any property of any kind brought upon the premises by the vendor, its agents, employees, contractors, invitees, attendees, patrons and guests shall be at the sole risk of the vendor and shall be promptly removed from the premises at the expiration of the Term. If the vendor fails to vacate the premises or any portion of the premises at the expiration of the Term, TOME may remove property of any kind from the premises and may dispose of it at the expense of the vendor. TOME shall not be liable for any damages or loss sustained by reason of removal of disposal of any property in accordance with this paragraph. The vendor hereby releases TOME, YDS and the City of Toronto from any claim or losses for damages in respect thereof.
34. Goods must not be shipped to the show for shipping charges to be paid on arrival as these will not be accepted by management. Management assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to goods before or during the period of the show, or after its closing.
35. Management reserves the right to cancel this contract and to withhold possession of vendor space if the exhibitor fails to perform any material condition of this contract or refuses to abide by the show rules and regulations, in which case the vendor shall forfeit as liquidated damages all space rental payments made by him /her and any further occupancy of such space.
36. The agreement is conditional on the vendor receiving approval by Yonge Dundas Square Management exercising their sole unfettered discretion.
37. Vendor is not permitted to advertise, promote, solicit and/or market competing products or services anywhere on YDS property on July 27, 2019.
38. Damage Deposit:
a. A mandatory $500 damage deposit shall be paid by all vendors by upon signing. This deposit is to ensure:
b. A full refund of the damage deposit will be issued within 14 days of the event, if
c. Deductions from the damage deposit will be made as follows:
d. Damages to fixtures and equipment will be assessed by the supplier for these items. Damages to YDS property will be assessed by YDS and TOME management.
e. If damages amount to a sum greater than $500, the full amount of the damage will be billed to the vendor who is responsible to make payment within 7 days of receiving invoice for same. Nonpayment within 7 days will accrue interest the rate of 30% per annum.
f. All charges will be deducted from the deposit and any remaining deposit funds will be returned to the vendor up to 1 week after the event.
39. Non-Payment of Fees, Costs or Charges and Liquidated Damages:
a. Interest of 30% per annum will be charged to vendors for any outstanding payments or costs or charges payable by the vendors as per this agreement.
b. If you fail to pay any amount pursuant to this agreement, you agree that the above noted interest and any costs TOME may incur in recovering the payment owed, including but not limited to: lawyer fees on a lawyer-client/full indemnity basis, expenses and disbursements such as postage or service fees of any notices or demand letters, and fees and related disbursements for bringing a court action, will be added to the amount owed as liquidated damages and it is accepted by you that this is a reasonable, honest and genuine pre-estimate of damages likelyto be suffered by TOME.
40. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. The parties hereby irrevocably adhere to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario.
41. If any terms of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of any other provision will not be affected and will remain in full force and effect.
42. This agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter described in this agreement, and there are no representations, inducements, promises or agreements between the parties except as specifically set forth in this agreement. All of your representations, warranties, covenants and indemnities shall survive the termination or expiration of this agreement.
43. No amendments to this agreement will be valid unless they are in writing and signed by both of the parties. No waiver of any breach of this agreement will be binding unless it is in writing and signed by the party purporting to waive a term of this agreement. Unless otherwise specified, the waiver will be limited to the specific breach waived.
44. This agreement is binding upon and ensures to the benefit of TOME and our respective executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
45. TOME reserves the right to use the vendor’s materials and logo produced as part of TOME’s portfolio of work/events in current and future advertising.
46. The branding and physical appearance of your booth is essential to the overall look of the festival. Your booth décor has to be approved by TOME prior to the event. We are offering free consultation for this service through our experiential marketing manager, the founder of this festival, Hamsa Diab Farhat. She will work with you to make sure your booth looks great and matched the festival theme at a reasonable cost.
47. We agree to abide by all rules and regulations adopted by the Taste of the Middle East (Management) and have read the Vendor Terms of Agreement as shown above. If this contract is sent to the Taste of the Middle East by facsimile, we authorize the Taste of the Middle East to take any and all steps as though the facsimile copy of the contract were an original.