Thank you for your interest in Canmore Cave Tours! We typically begin hiring guides for the summer season around February/March.
The minimum requirements to become a Cave Guide are as follows:
- 40 hour Wilderness First Aid
- Intermediate level rope skills/knowledge of knots
- Reliable vehicle
- Cell phone with data capabilities
- Outdoor Council of Canada Field Leader certification, or equivalent (can be acquired after hire)
- Experience leading, guiding, or instructing
- Outdoor, Tourism, Recreation or related post-secondary education
- 80 hour Wilderness First Aid
- Knowledge of local geology, flora, fauna
- Field leadership, group management, interpretation or related certifications (OCC, IGA)
- Caving experience
Please answer the following questions and submit the requested documents to complete your application for employment. We appreciate your interest in working with us, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. If you have any questions please contact us:
Canmore Cave Tours
Caving is a unique activity and we recognize that not everyone has cave guiding experience. Answer the following questions as thoroughly as possibly to give us a sense of what experience you do have that may apply in a role as a cave guide.
Please upload the following documents if they are available:
Due to the nature of our business our interview process is somewhat unique. If chosen for an interview, the first thing we will ask you to do is to join a tour of the cave. This will allow us to assess your comfort level in the cave, as well as your interaction with other guests. We understand that this is a significant time investment on your behalf but it is an important part of our vetting process. Of course the cave tour is offered free of charge.
Additional interview requirements include:
Thank you for applying for employment with Canmore Cave Tours. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. If you have any questions about any of the requirements or questions above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org