Please list any work or volunteer experience that may be relevant.
As a volunteer applying to perform duties for Tri-County Mennonite Homes, I fully understand and agree to the following:
1. I will respect the resident’s right to privacy and their right to be treated with dignity.
2. I will meet my time and duty commitments or provide adequate notice.
3. That I will not receive remuneration, salary, wage or payment of any employee benefit whatsoever, or be covered by Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997, S.O. 1997 Chapter 16, Sch. A. in case of injury during the completion of my volunteer duties.
4. That I will immediately notify the appropriate supervisor of any incident that involves personal injury or property damage during my volunteer duties.
5. That the volunteer placement may be terminated by either party following consultation with the Volunteer Coordinator.
6. I acknowledge that volunteer activity may involve personal risk of damage or injury. Notwithstanding this acknowledgement, I hereby release Tri-County Mennonite Homes, employees, residents and agents from all claims for damage or injury to myself resulting from my participation as a volunteer, unless such damage or injury is caused solely by the gross negligence of Tri-County Mennonite Homes.
7. I understand that a volunteer position is conditional upon a 60 day probationary period, during which all statements made on this application may be verified.
8. It is my responsibility to read and understand the volunteer handbook outlining the procedures and guidelines of Tri-County Mennonite Homes. I also agree to follow these policies, procedures and guidelines as outlined in the Volunteer Handbook.
9. I understand and agree that privileged information received about residents, volunteers and/or staff of Tri-County Mennonite Homes is confidential. It may only be revealed to my direct supervisor within the Village I volunteer with. I understand that I do not have access to a resident’s chart and that if I require information about specific residents in order to fulfill my duties, it will be shared with me by the Volunteer Coordinator and/or Recreation staff. I also understand that information about a resident’s specific needs or behaviour is to be discussed in an area outside the hearing of others and I will refer family members requests for information to either the Director of Recreation or Charge Nurse. Failure to maintain confidentiality may be cause for my immediate dismissal or will be means of corrective action.
10. I hereby give permission to Tri-County Mennonite Homes for use of my picture in any promotional material including advertising, brochures, publications, video productions and other uses. I waive the right to any fee or compensation for either the photographic sitting or the use or reproduction of the resulting photographs in any medium. I understand these materials may be used by Tri-County Mennonite Homes.
By agreeing to the terms listed above, I acknowledge having read, understood and agreed to the above conditions, release and waivers, for any role that I am assigned and agree to perform for Tri-County Mennonite Homes.