Please call the office (306-945-4929) to check availability prior to completing this form, or making a deposit.
One rental day is considered to be from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.(AM arrival)
On overnight stay is considered to be from 4:00 pm to 2:00 p.m. the following day (PM arrival)
PLEASE NOTE CHECK-IN TIMES. Any changes to the check-in time should be arranged prior to arrival.
School Group arrival and departure times will differ from rental groups. Please be in contact with the Program Director.
Timber Lodge Defautl Meal Times:
Breakfast: 8:00 am
Lunch: 12:00 pm
Afternoon Snack: 2:30 pm
Supper: 5:30 pm
Evening Snack: 8:30 pm
Shekinah Retreat Centre staff will be in contact to arrange meal times.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to make other meal arrangements.
Team Building Trip
This is an educational outdoor experience that is most effect at the beginning of the school year. We start our day off with a group hike on Ravine Trail, Shekinah's most scenic route. This leads us out into the bush where we find the Initiative Tasks. These team building activities are the heart of your students educational experience at Shekinah. Not only will they learn the value of team work, failure, and empathy they will also have a ton of fun doing it. The other highlight of this trip is the Shekinah's Survival Game. This game teaches students about Shekinah's ecosystem in an engaging way. The orientation and debrief times delve into the value of our animals and why what we do as humans impacts the ecosystems around us.
Maximum 60 students
Shekinah's Adventure outdoor experience is a great way to end off the year as it is less of an educational experience and more of a treat. We start our day with a group hike on Ravine Trail, Shekinah's most scenic route. This brings us out to the features of this trip, Zip-line and Climbing Wall. From this point on whether you are here for 2 days, 3 days, or just 1 we take care of all the activities. We just ask you to provide supervision for meals, down time, and at night.
Maximum 60 students.
1. A request for the use of a facility will not be considered booked until a deposit and signed Facility Rental Application has been received and processed by Shekinah Retreat Centre’s office for a date that is available.
2. The facility fee entitles the group to use the building(s) it has reserved, and any recreational facilities and equipment not listed in the rate schedule as being items for rent. Rental requests must be discussed prior to arrival.
3. A responsible adult with a planned program of activities will accompany all youth groups (1 adult for 10 children or youth is recommended). If the group wishes to discuss program planning and/or resource assistance, it will contact Shekinah’s office.
4. Groups renting facilities are responsible for damages to equipment, building and facilities beyond normal wear and tear or unreasonable cleaning required by the actions of the group.
5. It is the group’s responsibility to read and understand the rate schedule including the minimum accommodation charge.
6. Shekinah Retreat Centre reserves the right to revise fees as necessary, without notice. It is the group`s responsibilityto contact Shekinah`s office for current rates prior to booking.
7. Prior to a planned event, it is the responsibility of the contact person to ensure the following:
(a) Shekinah’s office has received a signed “Facility Rental Application” and the appropriate deposit. (When Shekinah’s office receives the deposit, it will send confirmation to the group.)
(b) Shekinah’s office is contacted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event to discuss final decisions regarding food services and numbers. Details regarding the final invoice will be confirmed prior to checkout and balance is due within 30 days.
(c) 3 weeks prior to arrival, provide Shekinah staff with a program or activity schedule for the retreat and be sure to determine what equipment is available for use.
8. The contact person is responsible to inform retreat participants of the following:
(a) The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferrable if cancelled less than 4 months prior to the arrival date.
(b) If the booking is cancelled more than 4 months prior to the arrival date, the deposit can be transferred to another date, up to one year later. All deposits are non-refundable.
(c) Smoking is not allowed in any public building. Shekinah staff will inform the group of designated areas.
(d) Alcohol is allowed on Shekinah premises on a case-by-case basis. Groups will be required to have the appropriate license available from the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority. The license must be sent to the Executive Directors no later than 1 week before the event.
(e) The Timber Lodge has limited wi-fi. If internet use is requested by a rental group, a fee of $1/person/day charge will be added to the final invoice.
(f) Pets are not allowed on the premises.
(g) Everyone is responsible to provide their own bedding, pillow, towels and personal effects.
(h) There must be adequate adult supervision in all buildings, at all times.
(i) Any damage to buildings, equipment or other facilities should be reported to Shekinah’s staff.
(j) No littering, cutting or peeling of trees, destruction of wildlife and their habitat, speeding with vehicles or excessive noise after midnight.
(k) Open fires are not allowed unless arrangements have been made with Shekinah staff.
(l) Fireworks and lanterns are not allowed.
(m) Any recreation vehicle (ex. snowmobiles, ATVs, or motorbikes) are not to be driven on Shekinah property; use of mountain bikes is by permission only.
(n) Shekinah cannot assume responsibility for personal property and vehicles on the premises.
(o) Guests are expected to do some facility cleanup prior to departure. Instructions are posted in each facility.
(p) The use of any rental equipment or facilities is done so entirely at the groups own risk. It is understood that Shekinah cannot be held liable for any injuries, accidents or deaths resulting from the use of our equipment and facilities.