This application serves as your official request to be awarded a 2018 MIPIM stipend. This stipend is intended to act as a reimbursement to defray the cost of travel and participation with the Illinois REALTORS® at the 2018 MIPIM exposition. MIPIM, which is known as the “world’s leading property market” conference and exposition, annually brings together more than 24,000 business, development and real estate industry professionals for four days of innovative exhibitions, conferences and business networking in Cannes, France.
Illinois REALTORS® offers a limited stipend program to encourage members to take advantage of this opportunity to: (1) market the state of Illinois to foreign real estate investors; and (2) build your business through exposure to the global property market; and (3) network with business, development and real estate professionals from around the world.
In the event that you are chosen to participate, you will be notified and provided with information on how to register for the exposition. You will be required to register and pay upfront for all the costs to attend and travel to the exposition (airfare, hotel, airport transfer, registration fee, etc.). Upon return, you will be expected to submit a reimbursement request and you will be eligible to receive a maximum of $1,500 of your allowable expenses.
As part of the exhibition, Illinois REALTORS® delegation will have access to a dedicated booth within a portion of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) pavilion. This booth allows our association and our members to market Illinois to foreign investors and provides participants within meeting space to build your business through exposure to global property market professionals. As part of the exposition, there are also opportunities to attend forums, networking events and sessions on global business and real estate
In order to take advantage of this stipend program, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
(1) You must be a current member in good standing of the Illinois REALTORS®;
(2) You must wear professional business attire at all times when you are in the Illinois REALTORS® booth or the NAR pavilion.
(3) You must agree to be present and work in the Illinois REALTORS® booth for a specified number of time slots during the exposition, which will be assigned in advance of the exposition.
(4) As a shared space, you will be required to keep the booth in a clean and professional state. No brochures or any other sales or promotional material may be stored or left unattended in the area. No food is allowed in the booth.
(5) Transport and setup of promotional materials are the sole responsibility of the participant. Large displays are not allowed. All digital or video promotional files must be provided to Illinois REALTORS® staff prior to the event. Additionally, files should also be brought on an external flash drive or other device in the event of technical difficulties.
(6) All expenses and arrangements for accommodations, airfare, shipping, travel or other event-related logistics are the sole responsibility of the participant. Although you may be reimbursed for a portion of these items (up to a maximum of $1,500) following the event, you will be required to pay for these items in advance and provide proof of payment in order to receive the stipend.
(7) Business success or new client procurement is not guaranteed or implied by the Illinois REALTORS®.
(8) Illinois REALTORS® reserves the right to remove booth participants without a refund of any costs if you violate these terms and conditions.
(9) You must agree to allow Illinois REALTORS® to use any photographs or videos taken of you during the event in Illinois REALTORS® or National Association of REALTORS® publications
In order to be considered for participation in the MIPIM stipend program, all applications must be submitted to Illinois REALTORS® no later than the close of business on Nov. 30, 2017. This is a competitive application process and no more than 10 applicants will be selected to participate in the program.
In reviewing the applications, the areas of consideration may include the following: (1) Demonstrated track record of participation in global real estate activities at either the local, state or national association level; (2) designations relating to global real estate (CCIM, CIPS, CRE, etc.); and (3) experience in international real estate transactions.
Along with the completed application, please include the following: (1) professional bio or resume outlining your experience and expertise in the real estate industry, including any professional designations that you have obtained; (2) any other background experience or information that you would like to be considered; and (3) a description or profile of your real estate company.
I have read and agree to all of the above terms and conditions.